Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dogs, Moose, Bears Oh My!!

Hi had no idea that our South African Mastiff was going to love the snow. I also had no idea that moose are mean! They are fascinating creatures that's for sure. But don't get in between a moose and her baby! If you do incounter a moose the locals tell me to either run as fast as you can or start rotating around a tree because they have horrible eyesight and the tree will give you a little protection at least. I saw my first bear ever crossing the road in the crosswalk downtown early one morning. They won't bother you they are mostly just scared of you and will run away. They do tell their babies however to climb up the tree if they think you are to close to their little ones and I found this so cool. You also need to keep your trash locked or you will have a bear in the garage! Some hardcore mountain bikers put eyes in the back of helmets while on trails this is so the mountain lions don't follow you. We also had a donkey in the yard once, living in the mountains you will encounter lots of wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment